We (Ramstein CarMax) are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our visitors to our web site.
Visitors to Our Website
When someone visits our website we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. You can find more information on how cookies are used on this website in the Cookies Policy here.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
– Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.ramsteincarmax.com (“our site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services such as support to process finance applications. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
– If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
– We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them and these are anonymous.
– Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
– We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns and occasionally to provide targeted advertising to you based on your previous activity on our site).
Sensitive Personal Information
We don’t collect any sensitive personal information from you other than what is required on a standard finance application – this usually includes your gender. Your religion, abilities, sexuality and anything else that you deem none of our business, is quite rightly none of our business.
Storage of Data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent un-authorised access.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
– If you ask us to a submit finance application to authorised financial institutions on your behalf, which will include transfer of your details outside of the European Union. Currently the financial institutions we regularly submit to (onlyupon your request) and their respective privacy policies are:
– Service Credit Union
– Navy Federal
– OMNI Military Loans
– Andrews Federal Credit Union
– Keesler Federal Credit Union
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If our business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
IF you use the Wi-Fi at our office, our router and ISP might collect data about:
– The volume of data which you use;
– The websites and applications which you access; and
– Your usage by access time, frequency and location.
We don’t request this and don’t access this data it’s just a thing that might happen.
As described above, we use your Personal Information and Device Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Google – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Links to Other Websites
Access to Your Personal Information
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 21st November 2019.